emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Desert candle
Spikes of lightly scented flowers adored by bees.
Genus of about 40-50 species of clump-forming, fleshy-rooted perennials found in dry grassland and semi-desert in western and central Asia.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - clump- forming perennials. Leafless flowering spikes, usually one to a crown.
Full sun - shelter from winds.
Additional Features - Good to know - require winter cold to induce flowering.
Pests & Diseases - slugs.
Place of origin - western and central Asia.
Soil Conditions - Free draining sandy soil - fertile sandy loam, well drained - mulch in autumn avoiding crown.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video