emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Ague weed, Thorough-wort
Genus of 40-45 species of annuals, herbaceous perennials, subshrubs and evergreen shrubs. They are found in temperate and subtropical regions in Europe, Asia and North America in many habitats ranging from woodland and thickets to pastureland and marshes.
All are nectar-rich and very attractive to insects.
The UK native, Hemp agrimony, E. cannabinum was once used as a cure for jaundice and to cleanse the kidney and bladder.
The leaves resemble those of hemp.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - annuals, perennials, sub shrubs and evergreen shrubs
Additional Features - Good to know - - wildlife plant - excellent for bees and butterflies.
Pests & Diseases - slugs and aphids outdoors. Whiteflies and red spider mites in greenhouse.
Place of origin - Europe, Africa, Asia, North to South America.
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil -
Wildlife - Rabbit Resistant -
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video