emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Blanket flower, Firewheel, Jam tarts
Genus of 30 species of colourful annuals, biennials and perennials found in open, sunny habitats on prairies and hillsides in North and South America.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - perennials, biennials and annuals. Red, orange or yellow daisy-like flowers.
Additional Features - Good to know - colourful daisy-like flowers with dark-purple, brown, red or yellow disc florets. Good for sunny borders and for cutting.
Pests & Diseases - mildew, slugs.
Place of origin - western, central and southern USA, South America.
Soil Conditions - Fertile well drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video