emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Please note once despatched, your delivery may take 1-3 days due to the high volume with the couriers. Your plants will be fine during this time.
Full plant information & availability is shown online.
The nursery is now open to the public between 10am and 4pm. Please follow instructions on site, card payments only, no cash. Click and collect is also available.
THE CAFE & GARDENS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Last updated 14/05/20 10:00.
Commonly known as Ginger lily
Exotic, sometimes scented, tubular flowers in crowded bottle-brush spikes.
Outstanding planted in groups next to still water.
Genus of about 40 species of rhizomatous perennials from moist, lightly wooded areas of Asia.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - rhizomatous perennials. Lance-shaped leaves on reed-like stems. Green seed pods burst open to reveal a bright- orange lining and seeds covered in a red, waxy aril.
Full sun - shelter from cold winds
Additional Features - Good to know - - grown for their foliage and exotic trumpet-shaped flowers. Most effective in groups. There is confusion over some of the naming especially in seeds.
Pests & Diseases - under glass, red spider mites and aphids.
Place of origin - Asia
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - humus- rich
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video