emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Cultivars are generally less vigorous.
Genus of one species of perennial found in damp, shady sites in woodland, scrub and marshy habitats in eastern Asia.
The edible leaf has a taste described as fishy, hence the name fish mint. It can be used as a salad garnish.
Ground cover - These plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soil
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - perennial.
Additional Features - Good to know - useful as ground cover in a damp border or by a pool or stream.
Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails.
Place of origin - eastern Asia.
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus- rich
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video