emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Blue star
Genus of 22 species of clump-forming perennials from light woodland or grassland with heavy soils in southeastern Europe, Turkey, Japan and northeastern and central USA.
Deciduous - clump-forming perennial.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Partial shade - happier in dappled shade where subtle colouring does not get bleached by sun.
May cause skin allergy or irritant - Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash. - milky sap is slightly toxic.
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - none.
Place of origin - southeastern Europe, Turkey, Japan, northeast and central USA.
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - likes a bit of moisture but will tolerate some dryness in summer.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video