emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Mallow
Genus of about 30 species of annuals, biennials and perennials, sometimes woody-based. Occuring naturally in Europe, northern Africa and temperate Asia they have become widely naturalised elsewhere. Moschata (musk mallow) and sylvestris are UK natives and are good choices for a wildflower garden. Attractive to insects.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - biennials and perennials.
Full sun - provide support.
Additional Features - Good to know - grown for their long-lasting showy flowers.
Pests & Diseases - rust, leaf spot.
Place of origin - Europe, northwestern Africa, temperate Asia. Widely naturalized.
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil
Wildlife - Rabbit Resistant
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video