- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Jacob's rod
Genus of up to 16 species of biennials and perennials from rocky meadows and slopes from the Mediterranean and Turkey to the Caucasus.
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Full sunMulch in autumn in colder areas.
Additional FeaturesGood to knowGrown for its slender spires of star-shaped flowers in yellow or white.Pests & DiseasesSlugs, snails, aphids.Place of originMediterranean, Turkey to the Caucasus.
Soil ConditionsFree draining sandy soilDeep, loamy soil preferred.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of ASPHODELINE
silvery-grey foliage with fragrant yellow spikes of flowers.