- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- January 2019
- Seasonal Sale - 20% off
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2019
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Terms and Conditions
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Jacob's rod
Genus of up to 16 species of biennials and perennials from rocky meadows and slopes from the Mediterranean and Turkey to the Caucasus.
Good to know - grown for its slender spires of star-shaped flowers in yellow or white.
Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails, aphids.
Place of Origin - Mediterranean, Turkey to the Caucasus.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Free draining sandy soil - deep, loamy soil preferred.
Full sun - mulch in autumn in colder areas.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video