emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Please note once despatched, your delivery may take 1-3 days due to the high volume with the couriers. Your plants will be fine during this time.
Full plant information & availability is shown online.
The nursery is now open to the public between 10am and 4pm. Please follow instructions on site, card payments only, no cash. Click and collect is also available.
THE CAFE & GARDENS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Last updated 14/05/20 10:00.
Commonly known as Masterwort
Genus of about 10 species of clump-forming perennials from alpine woods and meadows from Europe to western Asia.
One of the many worts (signifies used in food or medicine).
The pincushion flowers can be used in dried flower arrangements.
A. major is naturalised in a few areas of the UK.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - clump- forming perennials. Small, 5-petalled flowers surrounded by showy, papery bracts.
Additional Features - Good to know - - known, historically, as 'Hattie's pincushion'
Pests & Diseases - slugs, aphids, powdery mildew.
Place of origin - Europe to western Asia.
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - humus rich
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video