- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Meadow rue
Genus of about 130 species of rhizomatous or tuberous perennials found by streams, in meadows and in moist, shady, often mountainous areas worldwide (except Australasia) mainly in northern temperate regions.
Not related to true rue (Rutaceae) the name results from the similarity of the leaves. Rather an undervalued plant whose frothy flowers float on the breeze.
UK natives are T. flavum, common meadow rue, a plant of meadows and fens and common in southeastern England, alpine meadow rue, T. alpinum, much smaller and most common in northwestern Scotland and lesser meadow rue from northern coasts and Wales.
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialRhizomatous perennials
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Additional FeaturesGood to knowWildlife plant - bees and butterflies. Taller species make excellent backgrounds in a border. Good for wild or woodland gardens.Pests & DiseasesSlugs, powdery mildewPlace of originNorthern temperate regions worldwide
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilHumus-rich
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of THALICTRUM
purple flowers on dark stems
large panicles of pure white flowers with lime green foliage
maidenhair foliage, filmy double mauve flowers