- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- November 2018
- November Sale - 20% off
- All offers and promotions
- Rhododendron Wine and Roses – Save £8 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Viburnum x bodnantense 'Dawn' giftwrapped & delivered for £29.50 saving £6.00
- Camellia - two year old plant for £30 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £7.00
- Camellia x vernalis Yuletide 3 year old plant for £40.00 inc giftwrap, c&p, save £9.50
- Daphne odora f. alba delivered and giftwrapped for £45.00 saving £9.50
- Daphne 'Jacqueline Postill' - 1 small plant for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £10.00
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Terms and Conditions
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Wisteria
Genus of about 10 species of twining, woody, deciduous climbers found in moist woodland and on streamsides in China, Korea, Japan and central and southern USA.
When viewed from above Japanese wisteria twines clockwise, Chinese wisteria counter clockwise.
Good to know - grown for pea-like, fragrant flowers and bean-like pods. If grown into a tree needs no training.
Pests & Diseases - aphids, brown scale, leaf spot, honey fungus.
Place of Origin - China, Korea, Japan, central and southern USA.
Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging
Deciduous - pinnate, dark-green leaves to 35cm (14in) long.
Fertile moist well-drained soil
Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.