- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Arum lily, Richardia
Exotic tuberous or rhizomatous plants from moist soils, swamps and lake margins in southern and East Africa, many hardy enough to grace pondsides or to use as a marginal aquatic in the UK and appearing now in darker pinks and purples.
Z. aethiopica is commonly known as arum lily, Z. elliottiana as calla lily though they not arums, lilies or callas.
Z. aethiopica is naturalised in many parts of the world.
Less hardy varieties can be grown as houseplants.
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennial
Herbaceous Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Harmful if eaten These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
May cause skin allergy or irritant Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
Pests & Diseases - aphids, thrips, fungal and bacterial rots and viruses.
Place of origin
southern and eastern Africa
Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus rich. Protect with deep winter mulch
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of ZANTEDESCHIA
White flowers. Best grown in a damper boggy area
Variety with shorter spathes
Large green flowers