- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
FUCHSIA 'Lady Boothby'
Commonly known as Lady's eardrops
FUCHSIA 'Lady Boothby'
Purple Shades of purple/mauve/lilac/violet
Shades of pink All shades of pink through to Carmine (red)
Climber Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging
With support, a tall-growing variety.
Hardy - average winter Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
Good to know - named in honour of founder of the British Fuchsia Society. Wildlife plant - attracts insects
Pests & Diseases
vine weevils, capsid bugs, aphids, grey mould (Botrytis), rust.
Place of origin
Resistant to honey fungus - These plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Single Row of petals round conspicuous stamens - no more than 8 petals
Frost hardy (down to -5)
Denticulate see photos above
Lanceolate see photos above
Pruning group 4
Suitable for: Deciduous trees and shrubs that flower on current year's growth or are grown for winter stem effect.
Pruning: Hard prune to a low permanent framework.
When: Annually in early Spring.
RHS group 5, 6 & 7
Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Growing & Caring for Fuchias
- Fully hardy fuchsias as hedging or as shrubs
- Wall climbing fuchsias
- Tender conservatory fuchsias
- Hardy, colourful border fuchsias
- Hard Pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Six weeks after pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Fuchsia procumbens
- Propagation Fuchsia arborescens - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Fuchsia Hardwood Cuttings - Video Tip ondemand_video