emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as False indigo
Genus of about 17 species of erect or spreading perennials from dry woodland and grassland in eastern and southern USA.
The "false indigo" tag relates to its use in the past as a blue dye.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - erect or spreading perennials with tall, branched stems bearing pea-like flowers followed by large, often inflated pods.
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails on young shoots
Place of origin - eastern and southern USA.
Soil Conditions - Free draining sandy soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video