- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Bleeding heart, Dutchman's breeches, Ladies locket, Lady in the bath, Lyre flower
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Rose pink outer petals
Herbaceous Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Clump-forming perennial with pale-green leaves 15-40cm (6-16in) long with cut or lobed leaflets. Flowers are produced on fleshy, arching stems
Very hardy Hardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Good to know - introduced into UK by Robert Fortune in 1846. Re-named Lamprocapnos spectabilis.
Pests & Diseases
Place of origin
Siberia, northern China, Korea.
Racemes - 2-3cm (¾-1¼in) long
Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
Neutral to alkaline soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
DICENTRA spectabilis 'Alba'
DICENTRA formosa 'Luxuriant'
ANEMONE x hybrida 'Honorine Jobert'
DICENTRA spectabilis 'Valentine'
Buy Varieties of DICENTRA spectabilis
Pure white form of the bleeding heart
Plum coloured shoots and scarlet-red heart-shaped flowers on arching stems. A new introduction from the usa