- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Pineapple flower
Attractive plants shaped like the fruit in a range of subtle colours.
Very suitable for pots.
Genus of 10 species of bulbous perennials found in habitats ranging from rocky gorges to seasonally damp meadows in South Africa and tropical southern Africa.
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Bulbous perennials producing a rosette of lance-shaped, basal leaves and a tight raceme of star-shaped flowers.
Full sunMulch in severe winters.
Additional FeaturesGood to knowGrown for their unusual, columnar racemes of flowers.Pests & DiseasesSlugs.Place of originSouth Africa, tropical southern Africa.
Soil ConditionsFertile well drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of EUCOMIS
bulbous perennial from South Africa with wavy margined light green leaves. Maroon flecked stems carry racemes of pale green flowers with purple margined petals
strong burgundy-red leaves and red flowers with red stems. Young plants have green foliage at first
compact bulbous perennial, with dense spikes of white, star-shaped flowers in summer