- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Hop
Aromatics and natural preservatives are the main qualities of this twiner with fragrant flowers, the female inflorescences being the "hops".
It is also pleasant to look at draped over a supporting structure.
Genus of 2 species of widely distributed herbaceous perennials with twining stems. In the hemp family.
H. lupulus is a common native.
ClimberSome of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Perennials. Leaves are 3- to 7-lobed and broadly oval. Small male and female flowers are produced on separate plants, females in cone-like spikes.
Additional FeaturesGood to knowGrown for the brightly coloured foliage. Flowers are good for dried arrangements.Place of originNaturalized in northern temperate regions (country of origin unknown)
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilHumus- rich
Toxic - Category CSkin irritant(People & Pets) May be toxic to dogs
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of HUMULUS
yellowish green cone-like clusters of flowers, vigorous climber
golden leafed hop