emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Please note once despatched, your delivery may take 1-3 days due to the high volume with the couriers. Your plants will be fine during this time.
Full plant information & availability is shown online.
The nursery is now open to the public between 10am and 4pm. Please follow instructions on site, card payments only, no cash. Click and collect is also available.
THE CAFE & GARDENS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Last updated 14/05/20 10:00.
Commonly known as Hop
Aromatics and natural preservatives are the main qualities of this twiner with fragrant flowers, the female inflorescences being the "hops".
It is also pleasant to look at draped over a supporting structure.
Genus of 2 species of widely distributed herbaceous perennials with twining stems. In the hemp family.
H. lupulus is a common native.
Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - perennials. Leaves are 3- to 7-lobed and broadly oval. Small male and female flowers are produced on separate plants, females in cone-like spikes.
Additional Features - Good to know - - grown for the brightly coloured foliage. Flowers are good for dried arrangements.
Place of origin - naturalized in northern temperate regions (country of origin unknown)
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - humus- rich
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video