- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
DeciduousFinely divided, pinnate, light-green leaves 8-20cm (3-8in) long comprising 7-9 leaflets, very hairy when young.
Height10 - 20cm (4-8in)
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Clump-forming perennial. Produces upright or semi-pendent, silky-hairy flowers 4-9cm (1½-3½in) across.
Additional FeaturesGood to knowUK native of dry, chalky grassland.Medicinal propertiesUsed to treat respiratory and digestive problems and to beat spasmodic coughing in asthmaPests & DiseasesSlugs and snails with young growthPlace of originU.K., Western France to Ukraine
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilRequires protection from excessive winter wet.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
10 - 20cm (4-8in)
CALLISTEMON citrinus 'Little John'
CAMPSIS x tagliabuana 'Madame Galen'
CIRSIUM rivulare 'Atropurpureum'
Buy Varieties of PULSATILLA