emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Pineapple flower
Attractive plants shaped like the fruit in a range of subtle colours.
Very suitable for pots.
Genus of 10 species of bulbous perennials found in habitats ranging from rocky gorges to seasonally damp meadows in South Africa and tropical southern Africa.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - bulbous perennials producing a rosette of lance-shaped, basal leaves and a tight raceme of star-shaped flowers.
Full sun - mulch in severe winters.
Additional Features - Good to know - grown for their unusual, columnar racemes of flowers.
Pests & Diseases - slugs.
Place of origin - South Africa, tropical southern Africa.
Soil Conditions - Fertile well drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video