- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- March 2019
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2019
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Terms and Conditions
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Genus of about 22 species of aromatic perennials from dry, often hilly, habitats in China, Japan, USA and Mexico.
The aniseed scented Anise hyssop is in the mint family as is the medicinal hyssop though they are not closely related.
The tubular flowers are attractive to bees and butterflies.
Good to know - wildlife plant - nectar and pollen for insects.
Pests & Diseases - powdery mildew occasionally.
Place of Origin - China, Japan, United States of America, Mexico.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - aromatic perennials.
Fertile well drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video