- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- March 2019
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2019
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Terms and Conditions
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Bear's breeches
Genus of 25 species from dry, rocky sites mostly in the Mediterranean. They have an architectural quality and are good for cutting and drying. Representation of the leaves is found in Corinthian ornamentation, usually on columns.
Good to know - vigorous, architectural plants with striking foliage and flowers. Good for cutting and drying.
Pests & Diseases - powdery mildew.
Place of Origin - Mediterranean
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - perennials
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video