emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Full plant information & availability is shown online.
THE NURSERY & GARDENS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Last updated 26/3/20 10:28.
Commonly known as Bear's breeches
Genus of 25 species from dry, rocky sites mostly in the Mediterranean. They have an architectural quality and are good for cutting and drying. Representation of the leaves is found in Corinthian ornamentation, usually on columns.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - perennials
Additional Features - Good to know - vigorous, architectural plants with striking foliage and flowers. Good for cutting and drying.
Pests & Diseases - powdery mildew.
Place of origin - Mediterranean
Soil Conditions - Tolerates all
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video