- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Kaffir Lily
Hesperantha, the new Schizostylis. S. coccinea, which is also a semi-aquatic plant, is now included in this genus.
Genus of 82 species of cormous perennials growing in rock and sandy areas from South Africa to Ethiopia.
Semi-evergreenKeeps some of its foliage all year, and will drop some leaves as well.Linear to lance-shaped, grass-like foliage
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialCormous perennial
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Hardy - average winterHardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)Protect with a dry winter mulch in frost-prone areas
Additional FeaturesGood to knowIncrease by separating offsets when dormantPests & DiseasesNonePlace of originSouth Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland
HardinessFrost hardy (down to -5)
Soil ConditionsFertile well drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of HESPERANTHA
light red spikes
highly floriferous and hardy variety with pink flowers
large red flowers
glowing salmon-red flowers
light pink flowers. Fully hardy
large salmon-pink flowers