emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Please note once despatched, your delivery may take 1-3 days due to the high volume with the couriers. Your plants will be fine during this time.
Full plant information & availability is shown online.
The nursery is now open to the public between 10am and 4pm. Please follow instructions on site, card payments only, no cash. Click and collect is also available.
THE CAFE & GARDENS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Last updated 14/05/20 10:00.
Commonly known as Chinese trumpet flower, Hardy gloxinia
Exotic, but hardy, pink or white trumpets in early and midsummer.
Named after the Jesuit missionary and botanist with the equally exotic name Pierre Nicholas Le Chéron d'Incarville.
Genus of 16 species of annuals and tap-rooted perennials from mountainous areas in central and eastern Asia.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Full sun - with a little dappled shade during the heat of the day in summer.
Additional Features - Good to know - - grown for their tubular 2-lipped flowers with 5 spreading petals on strong stems.
Pests & Diseases - slugs.
Place of origin - central and eastern Asia.
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil -
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video