emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
LILY OF THE VALLEY
White - usually white.
Ground cover - These plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soil
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - rhizomatous perennials. Oval-lance-shaped to elliptic, stalked, basal leaves and bell-shaped pendent flowers in arching racemes.
Caution, toxic if eaten - Do not eat these plants.
Additional Features - Good to know - - Convallaria majalis (English native). Makes good ground cover in a damp, shady border.
Pests & Diseases - grey mould (Botrytis).
Place of origin - northern temperate regions.
Scented Plants - Scented flowers -
Seasonal Interest - Spring -
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - humus- rich.Top dress with leaf mould in autumn.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video