- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Helen's flower, Sneeze weed
In the sunflower family.
Genus of about 32 species of annuals, biennials and perennials found in damp, swampy meadows and at woodland margins in North and Central America.
The sneezeweed connotation is from historical use of dried leaves for making snuff.
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Annuals, biennials and perennials. Lance-shaped, mid-green leaves 15-20 (6-8in) long.
Additional FeaturesGood to knowDaisy-like flowers bloom over a long period and are attractive to insectsPests & DiseasesPossibly leaf spot but rarePlace of originCentral and North America.
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of HELENIUM
yellow-orange flowers with dark brown cone
deep red flowers with a reddish-brown cone
bright yellow flowers with greenish-yellow cone
rich red-brown flowers growing to around 3 feet
deep red flowers with a golden/mahogany centre. Strong stems and compact habit
orange-yellow flowers with brown central cone
bronze-yellow daisy flowers. Excellent for cutting