emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Please note once despatched, your delivery may take 1-3 days due to the high volume with the couriers. Your plants will be fine during this time.
Full plant information & availability is shown online.
THE NURSERY & GARDENS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Last updated 06/4/20 13:35.
Commonly known as Lady's mantle
Genus of about 250 species of perennials widely distributed from meadows and light woodland in northern temperate and arctic zones and mountain regions in tropical Africa, India, Sri Lanka and Indonesia (Java).
The frothy flowers are ideal for providing cool, pastel colouring in cut flower arrangements.
Because of the remarkable water-beading properties of the leaves of A. mollis, water droplets appearing like quicksilver were considered to be water in its purest form.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - grown for foliage and frothy sprays of flowers.
Additional Features - Good to know - good for wildflower garden.
Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails attack young foliage.
Place of origin - range from northern temperate and Arctic zones to mountains in Africa, India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia(Java).
Soil Conditions - Tolerates all - any moist, humus-rich soil.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video