- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- January 2019
- Seasonal Sale - 20% off
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2019
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Terms and Conditions
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Lady's mantle
Genus of about 250 species of perennials widely distributed from meadows and light woodland in northern temperate and arctic zones and mountain regions in tropical Africa, India, Sri Lanka and Indonesia (Java).
The frothy flowers are ideal for providing cool, pastel colouring in cut flower arrangements.
Because of the remarkable water-beading properties of the leaves of A. mollis, water droplets appearing like quicksilver were considered to be water in its purest form.
Good to know - good for wildflower garden.
Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails attack young foliage.
Place of Origin - range from northern temperate and Arctic zones to mountains in Africa, India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia(Java).
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - grown for foliage and frothy sprays of flowers.
Tolerates all - any moist, humus-rich soil.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video