- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Catmint, Catnip
Perennials. Oval to lance-shaped, often aromatic, leaves. Some are hairy and give a silvery or greyish-green effect. The 2-lipped flowers are produced along the stems often over a long period.
Herbaceous Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Good to know - wildlife plant - attractive to bees, though some species attract cats. Some self-seed freely.
Pests & Diseases
slugs, and possibly powdery mildew in hot summers.
Place of origin
Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of NEPETA
(mussinii) - dwarf catmint, lilac-blue flowers
Pale pink flowers from purple calyxes
Deep violet to lilac-blue flowers. Excellent ground cover in a sunny border. Aromatic green leaves
Upright perennial with spikes of purple flowers