emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
LEUCANTHEMUM x superbum 'Freak!'
Commonly known as Shasta daisy
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Height - 30cm (12in)
Spread - 45cm (18in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - flowers 5-6.5cm (2-2½in) across
Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Additional Features - Good to know - - good for cut flowers. Deadheading prolongs flowering period. Wildlife plant - butterflies
Pests & Diseases - aphids, slugs, earwigs, chrysanthemum eelworm, leaf spots
Place of origin - garden origin. Syngenta Flowers. Har Stemkens
Hardiness - Fully hardy -
Seasonal Interest - Summer -
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - moderately fertile
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video