- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Shasta daisy
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Robust, clump-forming perennial with inversely lance-shaped, toothed, glossy, dark green basal leaves to 30cm (12in) across and shorter stem leaves. Flowers are 8cm (3in) across
Hardy - cold winterHardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowWildlife plant - bees, butterflies and other insectsPests & DiseasesAphids, slugs, earwigs, chrysanthemum eelworm, leaf spotsPlace of originGarden origin
Flower ShapeSemi-doubleTwo rows of petals with conspicuous stamens
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilModerately fertile
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
ACHILLEA 'Walther Funcke'
AGAPANTHUS africanus 'Albus'
AGAPANTHUS campanulatus 'Rosewarne'
ANCHUSA azurea 'Loddon Royalist'
ACONITUM 'Spark's Variety'
GERANIUM 'Johnson's Blue'
LEUCANTHEMUM x superbum 'Aglaia'
LEUCANTHEMUM x superbum 'Banana Cream'
LEUCANTHEMUM x superbum 'Freak!'
LEUCANTHEMUM x superbum 'Wirral Supreme'
Buy Varieties of LEUCANTHEMUM
compact Shasta with white, rolled petals
frilly white, semi-double flowers with a yellow centre
large pale yellow flowers fading to cream
very compact growth and repeat blooming. White flowers with fluffy, multi-layered petals
(syn. L. 'Ooh La Laspider') - fringed, double white flowers. Compact habit
syn. maximum - late flowering with tall stemmed pure white double daisy flowers