- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Evergreengreyish green leaves 15-40cm (6-16in) long.
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Vigorous, clump-forming perennial. Produces rounded umbels 10-20cm (4-8in) across of bell-shaped flowers with a darker stripe on strong stems.
Hardy - average winterHardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)Borderline. Mulch for winter in cold areas. Bring containers into shelter.
AGAPANTHUS campanulatus 'Rosewarne'
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowExcellent for a large containerPests & DiseasesSlugs, snails, viruses.Place of originCamborne, Cornwall, UK (Rosewarne Experimental Horticulture Station)
Garden Location/ConditionsPatio / pot plants
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilFor containers use loam-based compost (JI No. 3)
Toxic - Category CHarmful if eatenHarmful to dogs
- Planting location
- Planting and treatment
- Splitting / dividing pot grown plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Splitting / dividing plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Hyrangeas for sale June 2022 - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video