- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Montbretia
Well-known hybrids from mainly C. crocosmiiflora (Montbretia) and C. masoniorum.
Genus of 8 species of clump-forming, cormous perennials from grassland in South Africa.
The robust, invasive crocosmiiflora was developed in France and introduced to the UK in 1880. By 1911 it had become a garden escapee and has proliferated ever since. It can completely dominate a habitat to the exclusion of native plants and is listed on Schedule 9 of the Widlife and Countryside Act of 1981 making it an offence to cause it to grow in the wild.
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennial
Clump-forming cormous perennials. Erect, linear-lance-shaped leaves, ribbed or pleated, 60-100cm (24-36in) long, mid-green, pale green or brownish green
Herbaceous Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Good to know - grown for the brightly coloured, funnel-shaped flowers on wiry stems. Excellent as cut flowers. Lift and divide congested clumps in spring to maintain vigour.
Pests & Diseases
red spider mites occasionally
Place of origin
Fertile moist well-drained soil - moderately fertile. Humus-rich.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of CROCOSMIA
Deep orange with mahogany throat
Large yellowish-orange flowers red buds
Prolific yellow flowers with cream throats
Coral coloured flowers and long blooming period
Tall deep red
Large peachy-orange flowers, long blooming
Arching sprays of rich golden-yellow flowers