- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers January 2017
- January Sale
- Valentine's Offers
- All offers and promotions
- Rhododendron Wine and Roses – Save £6 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Calycanthus Venus - Save £7 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Magnolia 'Sweet Valentine' - Save £11 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Mahonia Soft Caress – Save £4 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Magnolia 'Sweetheart' - Save £11 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Burncoose Nurseries propagates a great many of the plants which it sells on the nursery and by mail order. In particular we propagate the vast majority of our Camellias, Rhododendrons, Hydrangeas and Azaleas. We also concentrate on many of the rarer and more difficult plants which feature in our catalogue and particularly on conservatory plants.
The secret of our mail order business is, however, to provide a constant stream of new and interesting plants to the discerning gardener. In consequence we import many new plants as liners from New Zealand, Northern India and China and purchase seed of rare trees and shrubs from all parts of the world.
We do also buy from several other UK liner growers and also from European nurseries in Italy, Holland and Belgium although our prime objective is to locate new plants and offer them commercially through the Show Season and by mail order.
Those of our customers who manage to visit the nursery will be able to see the end results of our team's skill and dedication in successfully propagating many rare plants that are 'rare' for the very good reason that propagation is very difficult.
Louisa, Head of Propogation
Louisa & Theresa.
Asha creating cuttings.