- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Bugle
Genus of about 40 species of annuals and clump-forming or spreading evergreen or semi-evergreen perennials found in shady habitats throughout temperate Europe and Asia.
Bugles are excellent for ground cover and an excellent source of early nectar for bees and butterflies.
The UK native, reptans, is invasive but selected cultivars make attractive, insect-friendly carpets. Historically it was also known as "carpenter's herb" for its supposed ability to stem bleeding.
Ground coverThese plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soilExcellent for ground cover.
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Annuals and clump- forming or spreading evergreen or semi evergreen perennials
Additional FeaturesPests & DiseasesPowdery mildew.Place of originEurope, Asia.
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of AJUGA
attractive violet-blue flower spikes against dark black foliage. Prefers full sun for the best leaf colour
silver pink variegated foliage, sky blue flowers
large bronze leaves, blue flowers