emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Full plant information & availability is shown online.
THE NURSERY & GARDENS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Last updated 26/3/20 10:28.
Commonly known as Bugle
Genus of about 40 species of annuals and clump-forming or spreading evergreen or semi-evergreen perennials found in shady habitats throughout temperate Europe and Asia.
Bugles are excellent for ground cover and an excellent source of early nectar for bees and butterflies.
The UK native, reptans, is invasive but selected cultivars make attractive, insect-friendly carpets. Historically it was also known as "carpenter's herb" for its supposed ability to stem bleeding.
Ground cover - These plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soil - excellent for ground cover.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - annuals and clump- forming or spreading evergreen or semi evergreen perennials
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - powdery mildew.
Place of origin - Europe, Asia.
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video