- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Plume poppy
Herbaceous Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Shelter from cold winds
Will tolerate partial shade.
Good to know - grown for their foliage and graceful plumes of petalless flowers. Stems and leaf-stalks produce a yellowish-orange latex. Can be invasive.
Pests & Diseases
Place of origin
Fertile moist well-drained soil - will tolerate most soils.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of MACLEAYA
Coral-pink flowers, greyish green foliage