emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Deciduous - ovate basal leaves 6-20cm (2½-8cm) long, heart-shaped at the bases. Stem leaves are smaller and scalloped.
Yellow - soft yellow, 2.5-3cm (1-1½in) long
Height - to 90cm (36in)
Spread - 75cm (30in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - erect hairy perennial producing hooded flowers in axillary whorls
Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
Additional Features - Good to know - - seedheads are ornamental in winter.
Pests & Diseases - leafhoppers
Place of origin - Turkey, Syria
Resistant to honey fungus - These plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Hardiness - Fully hardy -
Pruning group - Pruning group 5
Suitable for: Evergreen shrubs that require minimal pruning.
Action: Trim or lightly cut back shoots that spoil symmetry. Deadhead regularly.
When: Annually after flowering.
RHS group 8
Pruning group 6 - Suitable for: Evergreen shrubs or climbers that need little to no pruning.
Action: Trim back shoots that spoil symmetry and to fit available space.
When: Annually after flowering if on previous year's growth, or in later Winter or Spring if flowering on current year's growth, or as requires.
RHS group 9 & 11
Seasonal Interest - Autumn -
Soil Conditions - Fertile well drained soil -
Wildlife - Bee friendly -
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
to 90cm (36in)