- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
DeciduousLightly hairy leaves to 25cm (10in) long.
PurpleShades of purple/mauve/lilac/violetViolet
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Perennial. Whorls of flowers, more crowded towards the stem ends.
Hardy - cold winterHardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Additional FeaturesPests & DiseasesLeafhoppersPlace of originEurope, central AsiaResistant to honey fungusThese plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Pruning groupPruning group 5Suitable for: Evergreen shrubs that require minimal pruning.
Action: Trim or lightly cut back shoots that spoil symmetry. Deadhead regularly.
When: Annually after flowering.
RHS group 8Pruning group 6Suitable for: Evergreen shrubs or climbers that need little to no pruning.
Action: Trim back shoots that spoil symmetry and to fit available space.
When: Annually after flowering if on previous year's growth, or in later Winter or Spring if flowering on current year's growth, or as requires.
RHS group 9 & 11
Soil ConditionsFertile well drained soil
WildlifeBee friendlyButterfly friendly
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video