emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Nettle tree
Genus of about 70 species of deciduous and evergreen trees and shrubs from temperate and tropical regions in both hemispheres. It is usually found in woodlands, on rocky slopes or on riverbanks.
C. australis is one of the contenders for the fruit in Tennyson's "The Lotos-Eaters"
Tree - in maritime climates are usually found as small, multi-stemmed trees. Grown for their form, habit and foliage, which colours well in autumn.
Full sun - in colder climates - sun or partial shade in warmer climates.
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - none.
Place of origin - temperate and tropical regions of both hemispheres.
Resistant to honey fungus - These plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Soil Conditions - Fertile well drained soil - tolerates drier soil in colder climates. Deep fertile well drained soil in warmer climates.
- How to plant a tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- How to plant a tree
- Checking ties - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Restaking fallen young tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Fallen old tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing side shoots - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Deer protection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Weed Spraying - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Tree Survey - Video Tip ondemand_video