- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Honey plant, Wax flower, Wax plant
Oval, rigid, very fleshy leaves to 8cm (3in) long.
Striped, Veined or Multicoloured
Climber Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging
Flowers in convex umbels to 6cm (2½in) across.
Tender - cool or frost free greenhouse Tolerant of low temperatures, but not surviving being frozen. Except in frost-free inner-city areas or coastal extremities requires glasshouse conditions. Plant can withstand temperatures down to 1°C (34°F)
With a little shade from the hottest sun .
Pests & Diseases
Place of origin
India, southern China, Burma.
Greenhouse / conservatory Not the sort of plants to be grown outside where there are likely to be frosts. These plants need to be grown in a conservatory or cool greenhouse or at least brought inside for the winter - loam-based compost with equal parts horticultural sand, leaf mould and crushed bark and charcoal. Partial shading
Half hardy (down to 0)
Scented flowers - night-scented.
Buy Varieties of HOYA carnosa
Cream-splashed variegated leaves. Scented pink flowers