emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Please note once despatched, your delivery may take 1-3 days due to the high volume with the couriers. Your plants will be fine during this time.
Full plant information & availability is shown online.
The nursery is now open to the public between 10am and 4pm. Please follow instructions on site, card payments only, no cash. Click and collect is also available.
THE CAFE & GARDENS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Last updated 14/05/20 10:00.
Genus of about 20 species of annuals and often woody based perennials from rocky mountain slopes, coastal sand dunes and open grassland in Europe, Turkey, central Asia and tropical Africa.
Includes C. maritima, the native edible Sea kale found along the east end of the south coast on coastal shingle, often at the tide line.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - grown for their attractive foliage and flowers.
Additional Features - Good to know - - good for wild or woodland garden. Wildlife plant - bees.
Pests & Diseases - a brassica so susceptible to clubroot.
Place of origin - Africa, Turkey, Europe, central Asia.
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - shelter from cold winds
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video