emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
THALICTRUM delavayi 'Album'
Commonly known as Meadow rue
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Height - 1.2m (4ft) or more
Spread - 60cm (24in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - erect, hairless, clump-forming, rhizomatous perennial with slender stems. Usually 2- or3-pinnate or ternate (arranged in groups of 3) leaves to 35cm (14in) long with entire or 3-lobed leaflets. Produces fluffy flowers to 2.5cm (1in) across with large sepals 1.5cm (½in) long and clusters of yellowish white stamens.
Very hardy - Hardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Additional Features - Good to know - - wildlife plant - bees and butterflies
Pests & Diseases - slugs, powdery mildew in dry conditions.
Place of origin - eastern Tibet to western China
Hardiness - Fully hardy -
Seasonal Interest - Autumn -
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - humus-rich
Wildlife - Bee friendly -
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
1.2m (4ft) or more