- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Angel's fishing rod, Wandflower
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Shades of pink All shades of pink through to Carmine (red)
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennial
Cormous perennial producing dense, pendent spikes of flowers
Hardy - average winter Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
Pests & Diseases - none.
Place of origin
Zimbabwe, South Africa.
Bell/Lantern - tubular-bell-shaped 3-6cm (1¼-2½in) long
Frost hardy (down to -5)
Tolerates all - humus-rich and well drained. Once established will tolerate poor dry conditions, rockery or even gravel drives!
Buy Varieties of DIERAMA pulcherrimum
Deep wine-purple flowers