emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Baby's breath
Genus of over 100 species of annuals and herbaceous, semi-evergreen or evergreen perennials.
They are found in alpine habitats, dry, stony slopes, or sandy steppes, usually on alkaline soils.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - semi evergreen and evergreen perennials.
Additional Features - Good to know - - grown for the small flowers produced in spreading panicles. Larger species provide cut flowers.
Pests & Diseases - stem rot occasionally
Place of origin - eastern Mediterranean to the Caucasus, central Asia, northwestern China.
Soil Conditions - Neutral to alkaline soil - - very well drained, light soil. Will not tolerate wet winter conditions.
Wildlife - Bee friendly -
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video