emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Jerusalem cowslip, Lungwort
Genus of about 14 species of deciduous or evergreen perennials with slowly spreading rhizomes. hailing from Europe and Asia native forms are represented by longifolia, obscura and officinalis. Their wildlife value is considerable as the early flowers, appearing amongst the remnants of previous season's leaves provide nectar for early-foraging bees.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - perennials
Partial shade - officinalis will tolerate full sun.
Additional Features - Good to know - wildlife plant. Among the first perennials to bloom - insects, particulary bees. Remove leaves after flowering to allow attractive summer leaves to develop.
Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails, powdery mildew in dry conditions.
Place of origin - Europe, Asia
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
Wildlife - Rabbit Resistant
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video