- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Milkweed
Genus of about 70 species of evergreen or deciduous perennials and a few subshrubs or shrubs from South Africa, temperate North America and South America.
The more commonly available tuberosa is a good insect-attracting subject.
Herbaceous Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Clump-forming sometimes spreading perennials. Small, showy flowers followed by spindle-shaped fruits.
May cause skin allergy or irritant Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
Milky sap might cause skin irritation.
Good to know - wildlife plant. Attractive to bees and butterflies.
Pests & Diseases
Place of origin
South Africa, temperate North America, tropical North and South America.
Fertile well drained soil - prefers loamy soil.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of ASCLEPIAS
Bright orange bead-like flowers