- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Spreading to upright perennial with branched stems and narrowly ovate to lance-shaped, scalloped, wrinkled, hairy, aromatic leaves to 3cm (1¼in) long. Produce spikes of flowers 12mm (½in) long
Very hardyHardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Additional FeaturesGood to knowSyn. N x faassenii. Attractive to insects. Trim after flowering to keep plant compact and to encourage a second floweringPests & DiseasesSlugs, and possibly powdery mildew in hot summers.Place of originCaucasus, Turkey, northern Iran.
Leaf Colour (if not green)SilverSilvery grey-green
Scented PlantsScented foliage
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soil
WildlifeBee friendlyRabbit Resistant
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
ACHILLEA ptarmica 'Perry's White'
ECHINACEA purpurea 'Green Jewel'
ECHINACEA purpurea 'White Swan'
ERIGERON glaucus 'Sea Breeze'
PHLOX paniculata 'White Admiral'
PHORMIUM 'Cream Delight'
Buy Varieties of NEPETA faassenii
compact, less floppy Catmint