- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
DeciduousDeeply 3- to 7-lobed, toothed, basal leaves 8-15cm (3-6in) long
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Clump-forming perennial. Produces flowers in umbels 2-3cm (¾-1¼in) across surrounded by green-tinged, or occasionally pink-tinged, bracts.
Very hardyHardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowWildlife plant - nectar and pollen for insects.Pests & DiseasesSlugs, aphids, powdery mildew.Place of originCentral and eastern Europe.
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilHumus-rich
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
ASTRANTIA major 'Claret'
ASTRANTIA major 'Ruby Wedding'
ANEMONE x hybrida 'Honorine Jobert'
ASTRANTIA involucrata 'Shaggy'
Buy Varieties of ASTRANTIA major
pure white flowers
dark red flowers in summer
pale lavender pink
large, very dark red flowers
true blood red but do not put in shade or the flowers will turn white
purple-red flowers inside large bracts
deep red pin-cushion flowers surrounded by a ruff of red bracts which appear from early to late summer
deep ruby-red flowers on maroon stems
deep purplish red