- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Shades of pinkAll shades of pink through to Carmine (red)Purple pink
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Erect perennial with red-tinted green stems. Rough hairy basal leaves 15cm (6in) long and lance-shaped stem leaves. Flowerheads have golden-brown cone-shaped discs.
Hardy - very cold winterHardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowSyn. Rudbeckia purpurea.Medicinal propertiesDried rhizomes and roots are widely used in herbal medicines where they are believed to fortify the immune system.Pests & DiseasesNone. Prolonged wet can cause root rotPlace of originUSA ( Michigan south to Virginia, Louisiana and Georgia)
Flower ShapeSingleRow of petals round conspicuous stamens - no more than 8 petalsLarge flowers to 13cm (5in) across
Soil ConditionsTolerates allDeep, well drained, humus- rich soil.
WildlifeBee friendlyButterfly friendly
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
ABELIA x grandiflora
ASTER frikartii 'Monch'
ECHINACEA purpurea 'Fatal Attraction'
ECHINACEA purpurea 'Firebird'
ECHINACEA purpurea 'Fragrant Angel'
ECHINACEA purpurea 'Green Jewel'
ECHINACEA purpurea 'Little Giant'
ECHINACEA purpurea 'Vintage Wine'
ECHINACEA purpurea 'White Swan'
ERYNGIUM giganteum 'Miss Willmott's Ghost'
EUPATORIUM rugosum 'Chocolate'
PEROVSKIA 'Little Spire'
SALVIA nemorosa 'Caradonna'
Buy Varieties of ECHINACEA purpurea
bright purple-pink flowers with non-drooping petals on dark stems
light green petals with a dark green cone. Fragrant
clear white with dark centre